First Principles is a basic Bible Study series designed to help you guide a seeker along their journey to come to a knowledge of the truth and thereby be saved. (1 Timothy 2:4) It was initially created in 1979 to provide a basis for disciples to use to fulfill the Great Commission of making disciples of all nations. (Matthew 28:18-20)
The following Bible studies are designed to be a flexible tool to aid the seeker along this journey. While every true seeker arrives at the same destination, all begin from unique starting points. Along the way, different Scriptures may prove more applicable and effective. Please make the effort to memorize all the scriptures which might be applied to facilitate a seeker’s path to salvation.
As you study the Bible with someone:
– Get to know them and build a loving friendship.
– Buy a Bible and journal for your friend.
– Take notes during your Bible studies so that s/he can review the Scriptures you look at together.
– Ask questions about each passage. Don’t simply state your points. People learn best through personal discovery.
– Share personally from your own life and spiritual journey.
– Have faith in the power of God’s Word to change people’s hearts with the truth of the gospel.
– Pray, pray, pray!
Take your Bible and the Holy Spirit and confidently share the gospel with those around you. You are fully equipped for this good work! (2 Timothy 3:16-17)