God wants us to “estimate” the cost of following him. Think through what it will take to be committed for life. Jesus does not want a rash, emotional or short sighted decision.
1. What have you learned over these past several weeks of prayer and Bible Study?
2. What has changed in your life/heart over the past several weeks?
3. What has been your greatest challenge so far?
4. Why do you want to be a disciple?
5. What will your greatest challenge be in becoming a disciple?
6. Do you see discipleship as a lifetime commitment? (Luke 9:62)
7. Are there any areas of life that you are holding back from surrendering to Jesus?
1. Please explain how to become a Christian.
2. Who do you know who is a Christian? How do you know?
3. How do you know who is and who is not a Christian?
4. Is there any sin you have yet to repent of?
5. Do you understand your new purpose in life as a disciple?
6. Persecution is the inevitable result of preaching repentance. (Acts 26:21, Luke 6:22-23, 2 Timothy 3:12)
1. Who is a candidate for baptism?
2. Can someone be baptized before they repent?
3. Can someone be saved if they repent but are not yet baptized?
1. What have you come to understand about God’s church?
2. Do you understand that there is only one church? Explain.
3. What is your biblical commitment to the church? (Acts 2:42)
4. Are you committed to meeting with the body when it meets?
Are there any “but firsts” in your life?